Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Turkey Stroganoff

Tonight I made one of my sister-in-law's recipes. We still have a cabinet full of traditional pastas & noodles that I'd like to clear out eventually, so I used regular egg noodles. I also always double the spices, as I like things quite flavorful. I tried triple once, but that was a bit over the top, so I stick with double now.

Turkey Stroganoff
Serving Size : 4-6
Preparation Time :1:00

Ingredients
---------------------------------------------------
3 cups noodles
1 pound ground turkey -- extra lean
1 medium onion -- chopped
1 can Campbell's beef broth (or 1 cube beef bullion + 12 oz of water)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 pound mushrooms -- sliced
1 cup non-fat plain yoghurt

Cook the noodles. Brown the turkey in a skillet. Drain and add onions. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, pepper and flour. Stir in beef bouillion and water, simmer 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, simmer 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Don't boil, but heat through - 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and pepper to taste. Stir yoghurt & sauce constantly. Serve over noodles.

No comments: